Source: No-trade wouldn’t impact Red Sox’ chances of landing Asdrubal Cabrera
|12.03.12 at 2:21 pm ET|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A source confirmed to WEEI.com Monday that the Red Sox are one of six teams on Asdrubal Cabrera‘s no-trade list. However, the source indicated the clause would not be an impediment to any deal and that shortstop would be open to a trade.
Cabrera’s limited no-trade clause simply represents a form of leverage in the event that a deal involving the 27-year-old were to be struck. The list consists of the Sox, Yankees, Tigers, Nationals, Giants and Mets.
An All-Star in each of the last two seasons, the switch-hitting Cabrera hit .270/.338/.423 last season with 16 homers, 68 RBI and nine stolen bases.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo shuts out Lehigh Valley
- Players of the Week, 8/11-17: Keith Couch & Keury De La Cruz
- Cup of Coffee: Top picks Chavis and Kopech key GCL Sox win
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. optioned to Pawtucket, Betts called up to Boston
- Weekly Notes: Margot's break out continues in Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Monge, Margot, and Mookie keep mashing
- Cup of Coffee: Couch dominates Richmond
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez dominates while Kukuk and Ball struggle
- Manuel Margot promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Gem by Matt Barnes leads PawSox