Former Red Sox reliever Brandon Puffer arrested
|09.17.08 at 6:27 pm ET|
Brandon Puffer, who spent a Moonlight Graham day as a member of the 2004 Red Sox, was arrested in Frisco, Texas, on suspicion of burglary and intent to commit sexual assault, according to published reports.
Sox fans likely have little recollection of the reliever. Puffer, a 32-year-old who pitched for the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers this year, was acquired by the Sox from the Padres in July 2004 for a player to be named. He was summoned to the major-league club on Sept. 2 that year, and designated for assignment on Sept. 3, without appearing in a game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins