Former Red Sox reliever Brandon Puffer arrested
|09.17.08 at 6:27 pm ET|
Brandon Puffer, who spent a Moonlight Graham day as a member of the 2004 Red Sox, was arrested in Frisco, Texas, on suspicion of burglary and intent to commit sexual assault, according to published reports.
Sox fans likely have little recollection of the reliever. Puffer, a 32-year-old who pitched for the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers this year, was acquired by the Sox from the Padres in July 2004 for a player to be named. He was summoned to the major-league club on Sept. 2 that year, and designated for assignment on Sept. 3, without appearing in a game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Barnes impresses in shutout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo shuts out Lehigh Valley
- Players of the Week, 8/11-17: Keith Couch & Keury De La Cruz
- Cup of Coffee: Top picks Chavis and Kopech key GCL Sox win
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. optioned to Pawtucket, Betts called up to Boston
- Weekly Notes: Margot's break out continues in Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Monge, Margot, and Mookie keep mashing
- Cup of Coffee: Couch dominates Richmond
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez dominates while Kukuk and Ball struggle
- Manuel Margot promoted to High A Salem