Former Red Sox reliever Brandon Puffer arrested
|09.17.08 at 6:27 pm ET|
Brandon Puffer, who spent a Moonlight Graham day as a member of the 2004 Red Sox, was arrested in Frisco, Texas, on suspicion of burglary and intent to commit sexual assault, according to published reports.
Sox fans likely have little recollection of the reliever. Puffer, a 32-year-old who pitched for the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers this year, was acquired by the Sox from the Padres in July 2004 for a player to be named. He was summoned to the major-league club on Sept. 2 that year, and designated for assignment on Sept. 3, without appearing in a game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo