Former Red Sox reliever Brandon Puffer arrested
|09.17.08 at 6:27 pm ET|
Brandon Puffer, who spent a Moonlight Graham day as a member of the 2004 Red Sox, was arrested in Frisco, Texas, on suspicion of burglary and intent to commit sexual assault, according to published reports.
Sox fans likely have little recollection of the reliever. Puffer, a 32-year-old who pitched for the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers this year, was acquired by the Sox from the Padres in July 2004 for a player to be named. He was summoned to the major-league club on Sept. 2 that year, and designated for assignment on Sept. 3, without appearing in a game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Gonzalez leads combined no-hitter in GCL Playoff opener
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split
- Players of the Week, 8/18-24: Brian Johnson & Mike Miller
- Cup of Coffee: Speier helps GCL Sox clinch division title
- Marrero and Coyle headed to Arizona Fall League
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis rips first career home run in GCL Sox win
- Weekly Notes: Battle for CF heats up with new addition
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads the way, Wilkerson keeps rolling
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson dominates NH, Coyle hits 14th
- Cup of Coffee: Keith Couch strong for Portland; Salem walk off