Former Red Sox reliever Brandon Puffer arrested
|09.17.08 at 6:27 pm ET|
Brandon Puffer, who spent a Moonlight Graham day as a member of the 2004 Red Sox, was arrested in Frisco, Texas, on suspicion of burglary and intent to commit sexual assault, according to published reports.
Sox fans likely have little recollection of the reliever. Puffer, a 32-year-old who pitched for the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers this year, was acquired by the Sox from the Padres in July 2004 for a player to be named. He was summoned to the major-league club on Sept. 2 that year, and designated for assignment on Sept. 3, without appearing in a game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 in Review: Deven Marrero and Trey Ball
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje