Former Red Sox reliever Brandon Puffer arrested
|09.17.08 at 6:27 pm ET|
Brandon Puffer, who spent a Moonlight Graham day as a member of the 2004 Red Sox, was arrested in Frisco, Texas, on suspicion of burglary and intent to commit sexual assault, according to published reports.
Sox fans likely have little recollection of the reliever. Puffer, a 32-year-old who pitched for the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers this year, was acquired by the Sox from the Padres in July 2004 for a player to be named. He was summoned to the major-league club on Sept. 2 that year, and designated for assignment on Sept. 3, without appearing in a game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi remains hot, Hernandez impressive for DSL Sox
- Podcast Ep. 83: Interview Special with Michael Chavis and Nick Longhi