|Bottom 6: Ellsbury’s “big” night||09.26.08 at 8:50 pm ET|
Jacoby Ellsbury just tallied his 16th three-hit game of the year. For that, he is indebted to teammate Kevin Cash. After homering and collecting an infield single earlier this game, Ellsbury hit a liner off of Cash. Cash was ruled out, and Ellsbury was credited with his third hit of the night. I believe that Ellsbury gets credited with an infield hit, his second of the night.
He now has 35 infield hits this year, third in the American League, behind only Ichiro Suzuki (51) and Carlos Gomez (50). Of course, Ellsbury can take heart that there is no need to stifle reports of a desire by teammates to punch him in the face.
- Cup of Coffee: Spring's walk-off grand slam lifts Portland
- Bradley: "Everything's back to normal"
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox, Drive produce walk-off wins
- PawSox activate Jackie Bradley, Jr. from disabled list
- Weekly Notes: De La Rosa, Betts take center stage
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw leads 18-hit attack in Sea Dogs rout
- Cup of Coffee: Gedman, big Salem seventh key system’s only win
- Christian Vazquez’s new focus at the plate starting to pay off
- Cup of Coffee: Augliera dominant in Salem victory
- Players of the Week, May 6-12: Rubby De La Rosa and Mookie Betts