|Top 7: …and counting||09.26.08 at 9:02 pm ET|
With a run-scoring double by Robinson Cano, the Sox have now allowed 16 runs tonight, second highest yield of the season.
Devern Hansack has just entered the game. Remember when the lobsterman was being discussed as the possible 2007 closer for the Sox? Instead, he is now a member of the bullpen taxi squad that the Sox are carrying in September. We’ve seen the whole bunch of pitchers who are either unlikely or on the bubble to make the postseason roster: David Pauley, David Aardsma, Mike Timlin, Chris Smith, Devern Hansack.
Also, this game is so long that I believe I just glimpsed Dustin Pedroia in the dugout, sans Grizzly Adams beard. Advantage: Mauer.
- Red Sox ink veteran lefty Rafael Perez to minor league deal
- Cup of Coffee: Vazquez nearly hits for cycle in Portland’s walk-off win
- Players of the Week, May 13-19: Mookie Betts and Matt Price
- Cup of Coffee: Montas strikes out eight in Greenville loss
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #34
- ESPNBoston: De La Rosa finding his way in Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Bradley, Holt shine in PawSox loss
- Xander Bogaerts, Portland to headline Futures at Fenway
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: Matt Barnes
- Cup of Coffee: Henry, Diaz propel Pawtucket to blowout victory