|Bottom 11th: Dude ….||10.05.08 at 9:25 pm ET|
Striking out Kotsay was Angels reliever Jered Weaver, who is making his first career relief appearance. (And always reminds me of Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.) He also reminded me that he hasn’t pitched well against the Red Sox in his career thanks to the single he gave up to Coco Crisp with one out in the inning.
Wondering what Crisp will do at first base? Weaver allowed 28 steals (80 percent success rate), tied for eight-most allowed in the American League.
Dustin Pedroia is now 0 for 5 for the sixth time this year, having done it once before against the Angels with Weaver as the starter. Pedroia is 0 for 13 in the series.
- Red Sox recall Iglesias, Aceves; place Victorino, Middlebrooks on DL
- Cup of Coffee: Morales sharp in rehab outing as Sea Dogs roll
- Red Sox ink veteran lefty Rafael Perez to minor league deal
- Cup of Coffee: Vazquez nearly hits for cycle in Portland’s walk-off win
- Players of the Week, May 13-19: Mookie Betts and Matt Price
- Cup of Coffee: Montas strikes out eight in Greenville loss
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #34
- ESPNBoston: De La Rosa finding his way in Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Bradley, Holt shine in PawSox loss
- Xander Bogaerts, Portland to headline Futures at Fenway