|Final: Sox Win, 3-2!||10.06.08 at 8:31 pm ET|
The Red Sox are heading to Tampa after collecting the ninth postseason walkoff hit in franchise history, second only to the 17 by the Yankees. Jed Lowrie may or may not be old enough to drink, but he’ll get a few free pints of lager tonight.
J.D. Drew started the inning by watching a called third strike, much to the chagrin of, well, just about everyone in New England. But Jason Bay followed by blooping a double down the right-field line, and after Mark Kotsay (whose .375 mark against Shields was the best of any Red Sox against the Halos reliever) lined a bullet that was caught by diving first baseman Mark Teixeira, Jed Lowrie–maligned for his shortcomings as a left-handed hitter–ripped a single to right that scored Bay with the game-winner.
Red Sox 3, Angels 2.
Game 1 in Tampa Bay on Friday
- Players of the Week, May 13-19: Mookie Betts and Matt Price
- Cup of Coffee: Montas strikes out eight in Greenville loss
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #34
- ESPNBoston: De La Rosa finding his way in Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Bradley, Holt shine in PawSox loss
- Xander Bogaerts, Portland to headline Futures at Fenway
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: Matt Barnes
- Cup of Coffee: Henry, Diaz propel Pawtucket to blowout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Spring's walk-off grand slam lifts Portland
- Bradley: "Everything's back to normal"