Report: Angels out of Teixeira hunt
|12.21.08 at 4:50 pm ET|
According to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports, the Angels have pulled their offer to free-agent first baseman Mark Teixeira. If true, then there would be three or potentially four remaining suitors for the 28-year-old: the Red Sox, who despite owner John Henry’s recent declaration that he believed the Sox would “not be a factor” in the bidding, have shown no evidence that they have pulled out of the process; the Nationals; the Orioles; and, perhaps, the Yankees, about whom there have been recent reports suggesting that the team is following the proceedings from afar to decide whether or not to get involved.
Kat O’Brien of Newsday reported today that the Yankees do not want to pay more than $160 million over eight years for Teixeira, but that they were told that agent Scott Boras told the club that it would cost roughly $20-25 million more to acquire him.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin