Wilkerson signing official
|02.16.09 at 11:08 am ET|
Outfielder Brad Wilkerson is in uniform, wearing No. 32, and working out with the other Red Sox position players at the team’s minor league training facility after officially signing a minor league deal could pay him as much as $2.5 million for one season. The 37-year-old figures serve in the role the Red Sox originally had earmarked for Mark Kotsay before Kotsay was forced to undergo back surgery, keeping him out until at least May.
Also making an appearance for the optional workout was outfielder Jason Bay. J.D. Drew, who revealed yesterday he still is dealing with lingering back soreness, was not among the participants on the field.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens