Wilkerson signing official
|02.16.09 at 11:08 am ET|
Outfielder Brad Wilkerson is in uniform, wearing No. 32, and working out with the other Red Sox position players at the team’s minor league training facility after officially signing a minor league deal could pay him as much as $2.5 million for one season. The 37-year-old figures serve in the role the Red Sox originally had earmarked for Mark Kotsay before Kotsay was forced to undergo back surgery, keeping him out until at least May.
Also making an appearance for the optional workout was outfielder Jason Bay. J.D. Drew, who revealed yesterday he still is dealing with lingering back soreness, was not among the participants on the field.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the pitching prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the hitting prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Podcast Ep. #110: Dealin' Dave's Winter Sale
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo to play in Puerto Rican League
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special