Wilkerson signing official
|02.16.09 at 11:08 am ET|
Outfielder Brad Wilkerson is in uniform, wearing No. 32, and working out with the other Red Sox position players at the team’s minor league training facility after officially signing a minor league deal could pay him as much as $2.5 million for one season. The 37-year-old figures serve in the role the Red Sox originally had earmarked for Mark Kotsay before Kotsay was forced to undergo back surgery, keeping him out until at least May.
Also making an appearance for the optional workout was outfielder Jason Bay. J.D. Drew, who revealed yesterday he still is dealing with lingering back soreness, was not among the participants on the field.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: McAvoy tosses Salem past Nationals
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis shines in national TV spotlight
- Cup of Coffee: Travis, Owens continue hot stretches
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats