Wilkerson signing official
|02.16.09 at 11:08 am ET|
Outfielder Brad Wilkerson is in uniform, wearing No. 32, and working out with the other Red Sox position players at the team’s minor league training facility after officially signing a minor league deal could pay him as much as $2.5 million for one season. The 37-year-old figures serve in the role the Red Sox originally had earmarked for Mark Kotsay before Kotsay was forced to undergo back surgery, keeping him out until at least May.
Also making an appearance for the optional workout was outfielder Jason Bay. J.D. Drew, who revealed yesterday he still is dealing with lingering back soreness, was not among the participants on the field.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- ESPNBoston: SoxProspects covering the Trade Deadline
- Red Sox trade Andrew Miller for Eduardo Rodriguez
- Red Sox send Lackey. Littrell, and cash to Cardinals for Joe Kelly, Allen Craig
- Red Sox acquire Cespedes and draft pick for Lester and Gomes
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson's arm carries Portland to victory
- Felix Doubront traded to Cubs for PTBNL
- Cup of Coffee: Owens lifts Portland, Guzman's big day not enough for Greenville
- Justin Haley promoted to Portland; Jonathan Aro moved up to Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/21-27: Brian Johnson & Travis Shaw
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart