Peavy never said no to the Red Sox
|03.09.09 at 2:21 pm ET|
TORONTO — In case you were wondering … according to San Diego pitcher Jake Peavy, the Red Sox were never excluded from teams he would accept a trade to. Initially, Padres general manager Kevin Towers had said at the General Managers’ Meetings in November that the only two American League teams on Peavy’s list of acceptable trade destinations were the Angels and Yankees. Later in the offseason, Peavy’s agent, Barry Axelrod, said that his client would, indeed, be open to a deal with the Red Sox.
Monday, at the Team USA workout at the Rogers Centre, Peavy looked to clarify.
“Boston was a place that I told the Padres I would certainly be interested in playing,” the 28-year-old said. “I don’t know if there were any talks. I gave the Padres a list and Boston was on that list. Boston was a place I told the Padres I would be interested in playing at. Set that straight for sure.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins