Daisuke throws at Disney
|03.30.09 at 9:28 am ET|
The Sox aren’t holding back when it comes to the traveling team, with the lineup as follows: Rocco Baldelli DH, Dustin Pedroia 2B, Jason Bay LF, Kevin Youkilis 1B, Mike Lowell 3B, Nick Green SS, Chip Ambres CF, Dusty Brown C, and Che-Hsuan Lin RF. They will be going up against Braves ‘rookie’ Kenshin Kawakami, who has had a solid spring, giving up just three runs in four starts.
Besides Daisuke Matsuzaka making his first start of the spring, Lin’s presence might be the most interesting.
The 20-year-old from Chinese Taipei is widely considered one of the best defensive outfielders in the Red Sox system, and made somewhat of a mark last All-Star break when he went deep in the Futures Game at Yankee Stadium. He also played for Chinese Taipei in the World Baseball Classic, going 3 for 7 with two walks while hitting third. He also participated in the Olympics the year before.
Standing 6-feet, 200 pounds Lin signed out of Taiwan for $400,000 and played at both Single A Lowell and for the Gulf Coast Red Sox last season.
The players’ bus hasn’t arrived yet, although manager Terry Francona and pitching coach John Farrell are on the premises after coming up from their game in Clearwater and staying in the Orlando area last night. Be back with more Daisuke-palooza later.
While you’re waiting soak in a whole lot of Matsuzaka stuff courtesy Nuggetpalooza.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated