Daisuke throws at Disney
|03.30.09 at 9:28 am ET|
The Sox aren’t holding back when it comes to the traveling team, with the lineup as follows: Rocco Baldelli DH, Dustin Pedroia 2B, Jason Bay LF, Kevin Youkilis 1B, Mike Lowell 3B, Nick Green SS, Chip Ambres CF, Dusty Brown C, and Che-Hsuan Lin RF. They will be going up against Braves ‘rookie’ Kenshin Kawakami, who has had a solid spring, giving up just three runs in four starts.
Besides Daisuke Matsuzaka making his first start of the spring, Lin’s presence might be the most interesting.
The 20-year-old from Chinese Taipei is widely considered one of the best defensive outfielders in the Red Sox system, and made somewhat of a mark last All-Star break when he went deep in the Futures Game at Yankee Stadium. He also played for Chinese Taipei in the World Baseball Classic, going 3 for 7 with two walks while hitting third. He also participated in the Olympics the year before.
Standing 6-feet, 200 pounds Lin signed out of Taiwan for $400,000 and played at both Single A Lowell and for the Gulf Coast Red Sox last season.
The players’ bus hasn’t arrived yet, although manager Terry Francona and pitching coach John Farrell are on the premises after coming up from their game in Clearwater and staying in the Orlando area last night. Be back with more Daisuke-palooza later.
While you’re waiting soak in a whole lot of Matsuzaka stuff courtesy Nuggetpalooza.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- Scouting Scratch: Rafael Devers
- System Restart '17: Low-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Sexton allows one hit over six innings for Greenville
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise
- Minor Notes: Workman dominant in PawSox bullpen
- The Write-Up: Jalen Beeks
- Cup of Coffee: Olt leads Sea Dogs to walkoff win