Daisuke throws at Disney
|03.30.09 at 9:28 am ET|
The Sox aren’t holding back when it comes to the traveling team, with the lineup as follows: Rocco Baldelli DH, Dustin Pedroia 2B, Jason Bay LF, Kevin Youkilis 1B, Mike Lowell 3B, Nick Green SS, Chip Ambres CF, Dusty Brown C, and Che-Hsuan Lin RF. They will be going up against Braves ‘rookie’ Kenshin Kawakami, who has had a solid spring, giving up just three runs in four starts.
Besides Daisuke Matsuzaka making his first start of the spring, Lin’s presence might be the most interesting.
The 20-year-old from Chinese Taipei is widely considered one of the best defensive outfielders in the Red Sox system, and made somewhat of a mark last All-Star break when he went deep in the Futures Game at Yankee Stadium. He also played for Chinese Taipei in the World Baseball Classic, going 3 for 7 with two walks while hitting third. He also participated in the Olympics the year before.
Standing 6-feet, 200 pounds Lin signed out of Taiwan for $400,000 and played at both Single A Lowell and for the Gulf Coast Red Sox last season.
The players’ bus hasn’t arrived yet, although manager Terry Francona and pitching coach John Farrell are on the premises after coming up from their game in Clearwater and staying in the Orlando area last night. Be back with more Daisuke-palooza later.
While you’re waiting soak in a whole lot of Matsuzaka stuff courtesy Nuggetpalooza.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo