Fenway Unfaithful-O’s Scott rips fans
|04.20.09 at 3:55 pm ET|
Baltimore Orioles left fielder Luke Scott ripped the fans at Fenway Park following a 12-1 Red Sox win that completed a four-game sweep of Scott’s Orioles. ‘Glad to get out of here with negative people,” Scott said. “Just a lot of trash talking, a lot of vulgarity. It just takes away from the game.’
During the eighth inning, a fan threw a foul ball back over the Orioles dugout and into the field of play while Javier Lopez was pitching.
That’s not to say that Scott didn’t have criticism of his own team. As a matter of fact, he essentially blamed his pitchers, especially relievers, for getting swept out in the embarrassing four-game set.
‘We didn’t pitch well, except for yesterday, but at the same time, the last two days we ran into really good pitching,” Scott said. “When we score runs, we’ve got to have guys hold it on the mound. When guys are struggling on the mound, we’ve got to pick up the slack and swing the bats. It’s a tough league, tough game, so we’ve got to make the adjustment.’
The series began ominously for Baltimore on Friday night when they scored seven in the second and jumped out to a 7-0 lead, only to lose, 10-8.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat
- Yoan Moncada to debut with Greenville on Monday