Fenway Unfaithful-O’s Scott rips fans
|04.20.09 at 3:55 pm ET|
Baltimore Orioles left fielder Luke Scott ripped the fans at Fenway Park following a 12-1 Red Sox win that completed a four-game sweep of Scott’s Orioles. ‘Glad to get out of here with negative people,” Scott said. “Just a lot of trash talking, a lot of vulgarity. It just takes away from the game.’
During the eighth inning, a fan threw a foul ball back over the Orioles dugout and into the field of play while Javier Lopez was pitching.
That’s not to say that Scott didn’t have criticism of his own team. As a matter of fact, he essentially blamed his pitchers, especially relievers, for getting swept out in the embarrassing four-game set.
‘We didn’t pitch well, except for yesterday, but at the same time, the last two days we ran into really good pitching,” Scott said. “When we score runs, we’ve got to have guys hold it on the mound. When guys are struggling on the mound, we’ve got to pick up the slack and swing the bats. It’s a tough league, tough game, so we’ve got to make the adjustment.’
The series began ominously for Baltimore on Friday night when they scored seven in the second and jumped out to a 7-0 lead, only to lose, 10-8.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens