Red Sox at Braves Match-Ups, 6/28
|06.28.09 at 10:34 am ET|
In 2005, Brad Penny bet a batboy that he could not down a gallon of milk in an hour. The batboy succeeded in doing so, but threw it up. When the team found out, they suspended the batboy. Penny was quoted as saying “It’s kind of ridiculous that you get a 10-game suspension for steroids and a six-game suspension for milk.”
Anyway, that said here is what today’s pitchers in the Red Sox/Braves tilt have done against their respective opponents:
Brad Penny vs. the Braves
Chipper Jones – .310/.375/.452 (1 HR 10 RBI, 3 SO)
Nate McLouth – .200/.200/.300 (0 HR 0 RBI, 1 SO)
Garret Anderson – .222/.222/.333 (0 HR 1 RBI, 1 SO)
Dave Ross – .111/.111/.222 (0 HR 0 RBI, 3 SO)
Jeff Francoeur – .286/.286/.714 (1 HR 2 RBI, 1 SO
Kelly Johnson (3) – .667/.667/.667 (0 HR 1 RBI, 1 SO)
Casey Kotchman (3) – .333/.333/.333 (0 HR 0 RBI, 0 SO
Matt Diaz (2) – .500/.500/1.000 (0 HR 1 RBI, 0 SO)
Brian McCann (2) – .500/.500/2.000 (1 HR 1 RBI, 0 SO)
Tommy Hanson, a native of Tulsa, Oklahoma, made his major league debut earlier this month on June 7th and has since taken no time to prove that he is going to be around for awhile. Through his first four starts in the big leagues, Hanson is 3-0 with an ERA of 3.13. In his last two starts against Cincinnati and the Yankees, he has not allowed a run.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?