Red Sox vs. Orioles Match-ups, 6/29
|06.29.09 at 3:01 pm ET|
Tonight, Jon Lester takes to the hill against the AL East cellar-dwelling Baltimore Orioles. The southpaw, who comes into the game with a 6-6 record, will face a lineup carrying a .273 average, good enough for fifth in the majors. Lester will get his first dose of rookies Matt Wieters and Nolan Reimold if they’re in the lineup this evening.
Here’s how the Orioles hitters have done against Lester:
Nick Markakis (26 at-bats) .240 avg/.269 OBP/.400 SLG (4 2B, 1 RBI)
Brian Roberts (25 at-bats) .273/.360/.545 (HR, RBI)
Aubrey Huff (24 at-bats) .364/.417/.636 (HR, 2RBI)
Melvin Mora (18 at-bats) .176/.222/.176 (2 RBI)
Adam Jones (15 at-bats) .417/.533/.417
Gregg Zaun (9 at-bats) .143/.333/.143
Luke Scott (8 at-bats) .000/.000/.000 (3 SO)
Oscar Salazar (5 at-bats) .250/.400/.500
Ty Wigginton (5 at-bats) .600/.600/.800
Robert Andino (2 at-bats) 1.000/1.000/1.000
Felix Pie (2 at-bats) .000/.000/.000
The entire Red Sox lineup will get their first look at Orioles rookie righthander Jason Berken tonight. Berken comes into tonight’s game with a 1-4 record and 6.32 ERA. The Green Bay, Wis., native has fanned 19 batters in 31.1 innings this season for the O’s.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts