Rumor Mill: Halladay chatter
|07.28.09 at 1:31 pm ET|
According to Toronto’s Globe and Mail if the Blue Jays were to trade Roy Halladay to either the Red Sox or Yankees it would cost a “premium” for the two American League East teams. While a deal with the Red Sox is less likely the Blue Jays are said to be most interested in Daniel Bard and Clay Buchholz more than anything the Phillies, another Halladay contender, might have to offer. Blue Jays GM J.P. Riccardi had marked today as the self-imposed deadline for any Halladay deal but has since rescinded on that deadline. Major League Baseaball’s deadline set for Friday, July 31st at 4 p.m. EST.
The Providence Journal also reported that Riccardi’s asking price for Halladay would be Buchholz , 2008 first-round draft pick Casey Kelly, currently pitching for Salem, and an additional Sox prospect. It would seem that the never-trade-top-prospect Red Sox would balk at such a deal making the Sox all but out of talks with Toronto.
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder