Red Sox Announce Arizona Fall League Participants
|08.26.09 at 12:13 pm ET|
–Outfielder Ryan Kalish, who ranks second among Red Sox farmhands with 15 homers, and has hit .271 with a .755 OPS and 10 homers since a May promotion to Double A Portland.
–Catcher Luis Exposito, a 22-year-old who is considered one of the organization’s top two catching prospects. Exposito has hit .287/.338/.436/.773 at two levels this year. Notably, he has raked since a promotion last month to Double A Portland, hitting .361/.381/.492/.873 in 15 games.
–Left-handed pitcher Dustin Richardson, who has excelled since being moved to the bullpen in the Hawaii Winter Baseball League last fall. Richardson had a 2.70 ERA and held opponents to a .186 average while striking out 80 in 63.1 innings for Double A Portland. That performance earned him a recent promotion to Triple A Pawtucket, for whom Richardson has made three scoreless appearances and struck out five.
–Right-hander Chris Province, a groundball machine in relief for Double A Portland. Province has a 2.94 ERA in 70.1 innings, and has 3.18 groundouts per flyout.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, Ockimey lead Greenville, Haley rolls on
- Sam Travis out for season with torn ACL
- Cup of Coffee: Gunsolus, Ray power Greenville to win
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi, Devers record multi-hit games
- Cup of Coffee: Almonte throws six no-hit innings
- Cup of Coffee: Owens, others struggle on mound
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza dominates in mid-week matinee
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start
- Cup of Coffee: Raudes strikes out eight over six scoreless frames
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez to start tomorrow for Pawtucket