Red Sox Announce Arizona Fall League Participants
|08.26.09 at 12:13 pm ET|
The Red Sox have committed to sending four prospects to the Arizona Fall League. The group that will play for the Mesa Solar Sox includes:
–Outfielder Ryan Kalish, who ranks second among Red Sox farmhands with 15 homers, and has hit .271 with a .755 OPS and 10 homers since a May promotion to Double A Portland.
–Catcher Luis Exposito, a 22-year-old who is considered one of the organization’s top two catching prospects. Exposito has hit .287/.338/.436/.773 at two levels this year. Notably, he has raked since a promotion last month to Double A Portland, hitting .361/.381/.492/.873 in 15 games.
–Left-handed pitcher Dustin Richardson, who has excelled since being moved to the bullpen in the Hawaii Winter Baseball League last fall. Richardson had a 2.70 ERA and held opponents to a .186 average while striking out 80 in 63.1 innings for Double A Portland. That performance earned him a recent promotion to Triple A Pawtucket, for whom Richardson has made three scoreless appearances and struck out five.
–Right-hander Chris Province, a groundball machine in relief for Double A Portland. Province has a 2.94 ERA in 70.1 innings, and has 3.18 groundouts per flyout.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #61: Wild Turkeys, July 2, and the Draft
- Cup of Coffee: Owens stays strong; Ball delivers best yet
- Cup of Coffee: Steven Wright leads Pawtucket; Meyers powers Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Hassan stays hot; Victorino looks strong in rehab
- Cup of Coffee: Heller and Martinez lead Salem; Travis powers Lowell
- Red Sox acquire left-hander Ryan Verdugo from Royals
- Players of the Week, 7/7-13: Alex Hassan & Steven Wright