Red Sox Announce Arizona Fall League Participants
|08.26.09 at 12:13 pm ET|
–Outfielder Ryan Kalish, who ranks second among Red Sox farmhands with 15 homers, and has hit .271 with a .755 OPS and 10 homers since a May promotion to Double A Portland.
–Catcher Luis Exposito, a 22-year-old who is considered one of the organization’s top two catching prospects. Exposito has hit .287/.338/.436/.773 at two levels this year. Notably, he has raked since a promotion last month to Double A Portland, hitting .361/.381/.492/.873 in 15 games.
–Left-handed pitcher Dustin Richardson, who has excelled since being moved to the bullpen in the Hawaii Winter Baseball League last fall. Richardson had a 2.70 ERA and held opponents to a .186 average while striking out 80 in 63.1 innings for Double A Portland. That performance earned him a recent promotion to Triple A Pawtucket, for whom Richardson has made three scoreless appearances and struck out five.
–Right-hander Chris Province, a groundball machine in relief for Double A Portland. Province has a 2.94 ERA in 70.1 innings, and has 3.18 groundouts per flyout.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston