Some concern for Gonzalez
|10.03.09 at 12:09 am ET|
Gonzalez said an initial scan revealed a ‘little line’ on the back of his right hand. Red Sox manager Terry Francona said the team’s medical staff indicated the line could be something as simple as a blood vessel. Gonzalez will go for further tests — which figure to include an X-ray — on Saturday morning.
“I’ve got a little line that they see, but I have to go to tomorrow to have an MRI,” said Gonzalez said, whose hand and wrist were encompassed by an ice bag.”We’ll see tomorrow. They can’t tell if it’s a fracture or something else. There’s not a lot of pain, but we’ll find out tomorrow.”
Meanwhile, Jacoby Ellsbury said he’ll be fine after getting his left ankle stepped on early in the game. He went for treatment immediately after the game. Right fielder Rocco Baldelli came out of the game in the fourth with a left hip flexor strain. He is day-to-day.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Eduardo Rodriguez debuts in Venezuela