Some concern for Gonzalez
|10.03.09 at 12:09 am ET|
Gonzalez said an initial scan revealed a ‘little line’ on the back of his right hand. Red Sox manager Terry Francona said the team’s medical staff indicated the line could be something as simple as a blood vessel. Gonzalez will go for further tests — which figure to include an X-ray — on Saturday morning.
“I’ve got a little line that they see, but I have to go to tomorrow to have an MRI,” said Gonzalez said, whose hand and wrist were encompassed by an ice bag.”We’ll see tomorrow. They can’t tell if it’s a fracture or something else. There’s not a lot of pain, but we’ll find out tomorrow.”
Meanwhile, Jacoby Ellsbury said he’ll be fine after getting his left ankle stepped on early in the game. He went for treatment immediately after the game. Right fielder Rocco Baldelli came out of the game in the fourth with a left hip flexor strain. He is day-to-day.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan