Some concern for Gonzalez
|10.03.09 at 12:09 am ET|
Gonzalez said an initial scan revealed a ‘little line’ on the back of his right hand. Red Sox manager Terry Francona said the team’s medical staff indicated the line could be something as simple as a blood vessel. Gonzalez will go for further tests — which figure to include an X-ray — on Saturday morning.
“I’ve got a little line that they see, but I have to go to tomorrow to have an MRI,” said Gonzalez said, whose hand and wrist were encompassed by an ice bag.”We’ll see tomorrow. They can’t tell if it’s a fracture or something else. There’s not a lot of pain, but we’ll find out tomorrow.”
Meanwhile, Jacoby Ellsbury said he’ll be fine after getting his left ankle stepped on early in the game. He went for treatment immediately after the game. Right fielder Rocco Baldelli came out of the game in the fourth with a left hip flexor strain. He is day-to-day.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Ian Cundall
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Matt Huegel
- Sox have seventh pick in draft
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Chris Hatfield
- SoxProspects.com 2014 season-end award winners
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #64: Playing Out the Stretch
- Weekly Notes: Prospects flock to Boston
- 2014 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game