Some concern for Gonzalez
|10.03.09 at 12:09 am ET|
Gonzalez said an initial scan revealed a ‘little line’ on the back of his right hand. Red Sox manager Terry Francona said the team’s medical staff indicated the line could be something as simple as a blood vessel. Gonzalez will go for further tests — which figure to include an X-ray — on Saturday morning.
“I’ve got a little line that they see, but I have to go to tomorrow to have an MRI,” said Gonzalez said, whose hand and wrist were encompassed by an ice bag.”We’ll see tomorrow. They can’t tell if it’s a fracture or something else. There’s not a lot of pain, but we’ll find out tomorrow.”
Meanwhile, Jacoby Ellsbury said he’ll be fine after getting his left ankle stepped on early in the game. He went for treatment immediately after the game. Right fielder Rocco Baldelli came out of the game in the fourth with a left hip flexor strain. He is day-to-day.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Boston Red Sox: Ranking the Top 10 Prospects Ahead of Spring Training
- Red Sox Spring Training 2017 Preview: Predictions, Players to Watch and...
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016