A bullpen health update
|10.07.09 at 12:41 pm ET|
According to Farrell, Okajima, who has been battling an oblique ailment, appears ready for action.
“He threw flat ground [Tuesday], out to 120 feet and was very good. We’ll re-evaluate him [Wednesday],” Farrell said.” There’s a chance he could throw a light bullpen [Wednesday] and be ready to go for Thursday.”
Delcarmen participated in his first bullpen session since getting in a car accident Saturday afternoon, and came away exuding some optimism regarding the progress of his injuries.
“Manny threw a pen [Tuesday] and there were no lingering affects from the car accident,” Farrell said. “The stiffness he was feeling in the upper back and the neck were not there. Now, it wasn’t full bore but it was by design to give him a 35-pitch pen and just be sure he threw all of his pitches. We’ll get him a chance to see him tomorrow to make a final decision.”
From the Angels side, Jason Bulger said he doesn’t think his sore right shoulder will keep him out of the ALDS. The reliever, who went 6-1 with a 3.56 ERA and 68 strikeouts in 65 2/3 innings this season, had received a cortisone shot in his shoulder Sunday
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two