A bullpen health update
|10.07.09 at 12:41 pm ET|
According to Farrell, Okajima, who has been battling an oblique ailment, appears ready for action.
“He threw flat ground [Tuesday], out to 120 feet and was very good. We’ll re-evaluate him [Wednesday],” Farrell said.” There’s a chance he could throw a light bullpen [Wednesday] and be ready to go for Thursday.”
Delcarmen participated in his first bullpen session since getting in a car accident Saturday afternoon, and came away exuding some optimism regarding the progress of his injuries.
“Manny threw a pen [Tuesday] and there were no lingering affects from the car accident,” Farrell said. “The stiffness he was feeling in the upper back and the neck were not there. Now, it wasn’t full bore but it was by design to give him a 35-pitch pen and just be sure he threw all of his pitches. We’ll get him a chance to see him tomorrow to make a final decision.”
From the Angels side, Jason Bulger said he doesn’t think his sore right shoulder will keep him out of the ALDS. The reliever, who went 6-1 with a 3.56 ERA and 68 strikeouts in 65 2/3 innings this season, had received a cortisone shot in his shoulder Sunday
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo