A bullpen health update
|10.07.09 at 12:41 pm ET|
According to Farrell, Okajima, who has been battling an oblique ailment, appears ready for action.
“He threw flat ground [Tuesday], out to 120 feet and was very good. We’ll re-evaluate him [Wednesday],” Farrell said.” There’s a chance he could throw a light bullpen [Wednesday] and be ready to go for Thursday.”
Delcarmen participated in his first bullpen session since getting in a car accident Saturday afternoon, and came away exuding some optimism regarding the progress of his injuries.
“Manny threw a pen [Tuesday] and there were no lingering affects from the car accident,” Farrell said. “The stiffness he was feeling in the upper back and the neck were not there. Now, it wasn’t full bore but it was by design to give him a 35-pitch pen and just be sure he threw all of his pitches. We’ll get him a chance to see him tomorrow to make a final decision.”
From the Angels side, Jason Bulger said he doesn’t think his sore right shoulder will keep him out of the ALDS. The reliever, who went 6-1 with a 3.56 ERA and 68 strikeouts in 65 2/3 innings this season, had received a cortisone shot in his shoulder Sunday
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title
- Cup of Coffee: Affiliates sweep, Moncada homers before promotion