Red Sox Roster Decisions: Byrd In, Delcarmen Out, Baldelli In-Between
|10.07.09 at 6:16 pm ET|
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Red Sox manager Terry Francona said that pitcher Paul Byrd will be available out of the bullpen for the Red Sox during their American League Division Series against the Angels. Reliever Manny Delcarmen, however, will not be a member of the roster. Byrd pitched three innings of relief on the final day of the season, allowing two runs to finish his year with a 5.82 ERA. Delcarmen struggled to an 8.59 ERA after July 28.
Francona also said that the Sox are still determining who will contribute off the bench. Among the group of outfielders Rocco Baldelli, Brian Anderson and Joey Gathright, two will be on the roster for the ALDS.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez tosses complete game, Kopech stymies Asheville
- Cup of Coffee: McCarthy pitches Portland past Thunder
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester