|Red Sox Roster Decisions: Byrd In, Delcarmen Out, Baldelli In-Between||10.07.09 at 6:16 pm ET|
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Red Sox manager Terry Francona said that pitcher Paul Byrd will be available out of the bullpen for the Red Sox during their American League Division Series against the Angels. Reliever Manny Delcarmen, however, will not be a member of the roster. Byrd pitched three innings of relief on the final day of the season, allowing two runs to finish his year with a 5.82 ERA. Delcarmen struggled to an 8.59 ERA after July 28.
Francona also said that the Sox are still determining who will contribute off the bench. Among the group of outfielders Rocco Baldelli, Brian Anderson and Joey Gathright, two will be on the roster for the ALDS.
- PawSox activate Jackie Bradley, Jr. from disabled list
- Weekly Notes: De La Rosa, Betts take center stage
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw leads 18-hit attack in Sea Dogs rout
- Cup of Coffee: Gedman, big Salem seventh key system’s only win
- Christian Vazquez’s new focus at the plate starting to pay off
- Cup of Coffee: Augliera dominant in Salem victory
- Players of the Week, May 6-12: Rubby De La Rosa and Mookie Betts
- Cup of Coffee: Streaks continue for Mookie Betts, Chris Martin
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: Anthony Ranaudo
- Ranaudo's 2013 resurgance continues with six shutout innings