Pedroia: ‘We all think of this year as a failure’
|10.11.09 at 5:34 pm ET|
Dustin Pedroia drove in the first two runs of Sunday’s game but felt frustrated afterward as he and his Red Sox teammates watched as the Angels scored three times with two outs and none on in the ninth to rally to a 7-6 win, eliminating the Sox from the postseason.
“It kind of happened real fast,” Pedroia said. “We played as hard as we could. Tough way to end, obviously. We all think of this year as a failure so best thing we can do is work extremely hard in the offseason and get ready for next year.”
Pedroia added that he felt for closer Jonathan Papelbon, who allowed all three ninth inning runs.
“That’s why that’s the toughest job in baseball,” Pedroia said. “If you save it, you’re supposed to do that. If you don’t, everyone points the finger but there’s no one we’d rather have the ball but him.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins