Chat with Red Sox Hitting Coach Dave Magadan
|10.20.09 at 3:17 pm ET|
Red Sox hitting coach Dave Magadan has generously offered to drop by the Virtual Press Box on Thursday at noon to take questions in the second installment of WEEI.com’s Thursday baseball chat series.
In his third season with the Sox, Boston finished third in the A.L. in runs and second in the league with a .352 OBP, .454 slugging mark and .806 OPS. In fact, the Sox have ranked in the top three in the A.L. in each of those categories in each of his three seasons with Boston.
Before he joined the coaching ranks, Magadan spent 16 seasons in the majors with the Mets, Marlins, Mariners, Astros, Cubs, A’s and Padres. He compiled a career .288 average with a .390 OBP. After retiring, he entered the Padres system, first as a minor-league hitting coordinator and then on San Diego’s big-league hitting coach from 2003-06.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem