Chat with Red Sox Hitting Coach Dave Magadan
|10.20.09 at 3:17 pm ET|
Red Sox hitting coach Dave Magadan has generously offered to drop by the Virtual Press Box on Thursday at noon to take questions in the second installment of WEEI.com’s Thursday baseball chat series.
In his third season with the Sox, Boston finished third in the A.L. in runs and second in the league with a .352 OBP, .454 slugging mark and .806 OPS. In fact, the Sox have ranked in the top three in the A.L. in each of those categories in each of his three seasons with Boston.
Before he joined the coaching ranks, Magadan spent 16 seasons in the majors with the Mets, Marlins, Mariners, Astros, Cubs, A’s and Padres. He compiled a career .288 average with a .390 OBP. After retiring, he entered the Padres system, first as a minor-league hitting coordinator and then on San Diego’s big-league hitting coach from 2003-06.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power
- Podcast Ep. 73: Scout Talk and Season's Start
- Cup of Coffee: Abbreviated 2015 debuts for Kopech, Barnes