Chat With Red Sox Outfielder Jason Bay
|10.28.09 at 9:36 am ET|
In 2009 — his first full season as a member of the Red Sox after coming to Boston at the 2008 trade deadline — Bay hit .267 with a .384 on-base percentage and .567 slugging mark, finishing third in the American League with 36 homers, second with 119 RBIs, and led all A.L. outfielders with a .921 OPS. His performance earned Bay his third career All-Star nod.
Bay was acquired by the Red Sox from the Pirates in 2008 in the three-way trade that sent Manny Ramirez to the Dodgers. He is one of eight players to hit at least 30 homers, drive in at least 100 runs and score at least 100 runs in a season in which he was traded. The 2004 National League Rookie of the Year has been one of the most consistent power hitters in the game since breaking into the majors. He ranks 15th in baseball with 181 homers since the 2004 season, and is one of 12 players in the majors with at least 20 homers in each of the last six years.
Oct. 22 — Red Sox hitting coach Dave Magadan
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine