Sox Farm Director Hazen Interviews With Padres
|10.31.09 at 1:35 pm ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed that Red Sox farm director Mike Hazen interviewed with the San Diego Padres for the position of Assistant General Manager. News of the interview was first reported by the ‘Inside the Padres’ blog.
Former assistant general manager Jed Hoyer, who worked with Hazen after he came to the Red Sox from the Indians and assumed the job of director of player development in 2006, was named San Diego’s GM Monday. The Padres fired vice president of scouting and player development Grady Fuson earlier this week.
Hazen, a native of Abington, Mass., spent two years playing in the Padres minor-league system.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fort Report: Rankings, returns, & reporting to camp
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven