Sox Farm Director Hazen Interviews With Padres
|10.31.09 at 1:35 pm ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed that Red Sox farm director Mike Hazen interviewed with the San Diego Padres for the position of Assistant General Manager. News of the interview was first reported by the ‘Inside the Padres’ blog.
Former assistant general manager Jed Hoyer, who worked with Hazen after he came to the Red Sox from the Indians and assumed the job of director of player development in 2006, was named San Diego’s GM Monday. The Padres fired vice president of scouting and player development Grady Fuson earlier this week.
Hazen, a native of Abington, Mass., spent two years playing in the Padres minor-league system.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando