Source: Red Sox on Halladay’s list
|11.09.09 at 2:39 pm ET|
CHICAGO — According to a source familiar with the situation, the Red Sox are one of the teams Toronto pitcher Roy Halladay has identified as a club he would accept a trade to. Halladay has a no-trade clause in his current deal, which will pay him $15.75 million in 2010.
Indications from another major league source suggest that the Blue Jays are currently intent on keeping Halladay, although the 32-year-old figures to continue to be a topic of trade talk throughout the offseason. The Red Sox were one of the teams to make an attempt at acquiring the Toronto ace at last season’s trade deadline.
Halladay finished ’09 at 17-10 with a 2.79 ERA, having led the league in complete games (9) for the third straight season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin
- Podcast Ep. 88: Breaking down the Kimbrel trade
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Kimbrel