Source: Red Sox on Halladay’s list
|11.09.09 at 2:39 pm ET|
CHICAGO — According to a source familiar with the situation, the Red Sox are one of the teams Toronto pitcher Roy Halladay has identified as a club he would accept a trade to. Halladay has a no-trade clause in his current deal, which will pay him $15.75 million in 2010.
Indications from another major league source suggest that the Blue Jays are currently intent on keeping Halladay, although the 32-year-old figures to continue to be a topic of trade talk throughout the offseason. The Red Sox were one of the teams to make an attempt at acquiring the Toronto ace at last season’s trade deadline.
Halladay finished ’09 at 17-10 with a 2.79 ERA, having led the league in complete games (9) for the third straight season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley dominates
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins