Source: Red Sox on Halladay’s list
|11.09.09 at 2:39 pm ET|
CHICAGO — According to a source familiar with the situation, the Red Sox are one of the teams Toronto pitcher Roy Halladay has identified as a club he would accept a trade to. Halladay has a no-trade clause in his current deal, which will pay him $15.75 million in 2010.
Indications from another major league source suggest that the Blue Jays are currently intent on keeping Halladay, although the 32-year-old figures to continue to be a topic of trade talk throughout the offseason. The Red Sox were one of the teams to make an attempt at acquiring the Toronto ace at last season’s trade deadline.
Halladay finished ’09 at 17-10 with a 2.79 ERA, having led the league in complete games (9) for the third straight season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Matt Huegel
- Sox have seventh pick in draft
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Chris Hatfield
- SoxProspects.com 2014 season-end award winners
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #64: Playing Out the Stretch
- Weekly Notes: Prospects flock to Boston
- 2014 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo