Where in the world is Daisuke Matsuzaka?
|11.14.09 at 10:31 am ET|
Yesterday, Daisuke Matsuzaka’s location was a Nike Store in Tokyo, as this photo from Sanspo.com proves.
A week ago Dustin Pedroia was the first to hint that Matsuzaka will end up at Athletes Performance in Arizona this offseason when appearing on the Mut and Bradford Show last week. (Pedroia will be on once again at 2 p.m. Saturday, taking your calls.)
When contacted, the nice folks at Athletes Performance said that nothing was definite, but the particulars were in discussions to bring Daisuke to Arizona.
The entire subject did lead to one of the more curious moments of the general managers meetings. When asked what Matsuzaka’s plans were for the offseason, his agent, Scott Boras, would only offer: “He was noticeably different when he came back to Boston and he’s got a workout regime he’s carried on in Japan. I haven’t discussed his offseason schedule with him ‘¦ I think players have to come in in great shape. Their talent is best served when they’re in great shape. Anything other than that I think it’s an issue both the players and their camp and the team and their camp should earnestly discuss if that’s not the case.”
Haven’t discussed the offseason with him? Considering all that surrounded the Matsuzaka’s fitness this calendar year, that did, indeed, seem somewhat out of character for the all-encompassing presence that is Boras.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe