Where in the world is Daisuke Matsuzaka?
|11.14.09 at 10:31 am ET|
Yesterday, Daisuke Matsuzaka’s location was a Nike Store in Tokyo, as this photo from Sanspo.com proves.
A week ago Dustin Pedroia was the first to hint that Matsuzaka will end up at Athletes Performance in Arizona this offseason when appearing on the Mut and Bradford Show last week. (Pedroia will be on once again at 2 p.m. Saturday, taking your calls.)
When contacted, the nice folks at Athletes Performance said that nothing was definite, but the particulars were in discussions to bring Daisuke to Arizona.
The entire subject did lead to one of the more curious moments of the general managers meetings. When asked what Matsuzaka’s plans were for the offseason, his agent, Scott Boras, would only offer: “He was noticeably different when he came back to Boston and he’s got a workout regime he’s carried on in Japan. I haven’t discussed his offseason schedule with him ‘¦ I think players have to come in in great shape. Their talent is best served when they’re in great shape. Anything other than that I think it’s an issue both the players and their camp and the team and their camp should earnestly discuss if that’s not the case.”
Haven’t discussed the offseason with him? Considering all that surrounded the Matsuzaka’s fitness this calendar year, that did, indeed, seem somewhat out of character for the all-encompassing presence that is Boras.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Weekly Notes: Playoff baseball begins for affiliates, Castillo continues ascent
- Cup of Coffee: Portland's season comes to an end
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #63: Just Sayin' Hi
- Cup of Coffee: Portland falls, forces Game Five
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox advance to International League finals
- Cup of Coffee: Cecchini and Barnes lead PawSox to 2-0 series edge