Red Sox acquire Hulett from Royals
|11.25.09 at 5:25 pm ET|
This just sent in from the Red Sox:
Hulett, 26, went 2-for-18 (.111) with one RBI in 15 games for the Royals last season. He appeared in five games at second base (two starts), but also saw time at third base (one game), shortstop (one game), left field (one game) and right field (two games). The left-handed hitter spent the majority of 2009 at Kansas City’s Triple-A Omaha affiliate where he hit .291 (109-for-374) with 11 home runs and 53 RBI in 99 games.
Originally selected by the Texas Rangers in the 14th round of the 2004 First-Year Player Draft, Hulett owns a .194 (13-for-67) batting average with one homer and three RBI in 45 career Major League contests with the Seattle Mariners (2008) and Royals (2009). He is the son of former Major League infielder Tim Hulett.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.