Red Sox acquire Hulett from Royals
|11.25.09 at 5:25 pm ET|
This just sent in from the Red Sox:
Hulett, 26, went 2-for-18 (.111) with one RBI in 15 games for the Royals last season. He appeared in five games at second base (two starts), but also saw time at third base (one game), shortstop (one game), left field (one game) and right field (two games). The left-handed hitter spent the majority of 2009 at Kansas City’s Triple-A Omaha affiliate where he hit .291 (109-for-374) with 11 home runs and 53 RBI in 99 games.
Originally selected by the Texas Rangers in the 14th round of the 2004 First-Year Player Draft, Hulett owns a .194 (13-for-67) batting average with one homer and three RBI in 45 career Major League contests with the Seattle Mariners (2008) and Royals (2009). He is the son of former Major League infielder Tim Hulett.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates