Red Sox acquire Hulett from Royals
|11.25.09 at 5:25 pm ET|
This just sent in from the Red Sox:
Hulett, 26, went 2-for-18 (.111) with one RBI in 15 games for the Royals last season. He appeared in five games at second base (two starts), but also saw time at third base (one game), shortstop (one game), left field (one game) and right field (two games). The left-handed hitter spent the majority of 2009 at Kansas City’s Triple-A Omaha affiliate where he hit .291 (109-for-374) with 11 home runs and 53 RBI in 99 games.
Originally selected by the Texas Rangers in the 14th round of the 2004 First-Year Player Draft, Hulett owns a .194 (13-for-67) batting average with one homer and three RBI in 45 career Major League contests with the Seattle Mariners (2008) and Royals (2009). He is the son of former Major League infielder Tim Hulett.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?