Duchscherer’s agent, Red Sox meet
|12.07.09 at 10:44 pm ET|
The agent for pitcher Justin Duchscherer, Damon Lapa, and the Red Sox met Sunday night at the Indianapolis Marriott, discussing the free agent hurler. Duchscherer, a Type B free agent, declined arbitration from the Oakland A’s, Monday.
The 32-year-old had made $3.9 million with the A’s in 2009, a season in which he struggled with clinical depression after having to rehab from operations on his hip and pitching elbow. In 2008 the righty had gone 10-8 with a 2.54 ERA, making the American League All-Star team, before being sidelined by a hip ailment similar to the one Red Sox’ third baseman Mike Lowell dealt before having surgery following the ’08 season.
Duchscherer is believed to be ready for action from the outset of spring training, and has no interest in going back to the bullpen, where he made his first All-Star team as a set-up man for Oakland in ’05.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller