Reports: Red Sox sign Castro, Gabbard
|12.07.09 at 8:27 pm ET|
Ken Rosenthal has tweeted that the Red Sox have signed minor league pitcher Fabio Castro, who last pitched in the bigs in 2007. The 25-year-old has played in the Blue Jays, Phillies, Rangers, and White Sox organization and spent last season between Double A New Hampshire and Triple A Las Vegas for Toronto. Over 572.1 minor league innings in parts of seven seasons, Castro has a 3.52 ERA and 499 strikeouts.
The Red Sox also re-signed Kason Gabbard this afternoon, according to the Boston Globe.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #61: Wild Turkeys, July 2, and the Draft