Reports: Red Sox sign Castro, Gabbard
|12.07.09 at 8:27 pm ET|
Ken Rosenthal has tweeted that the Red Sox have signed minor league pitcher Fabio Castro, who last pitched in the bigs in 2007. The 25-year-old has played in the Blue Jays, Phillies, Rangers, and White Sox organization and spent last season between Double A New Hampshire and Triple A Las Vegas for Toronto. Over 572.1 minor league innings in parts of seven seasons, Castro has a 3.52 ERA and 499 strikeouts.
The Red Sox also re-signed Kason Gabbard this afternoon, according to the Boston Globe.
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected