Reports: Red Sox sign Castro, Gabbard
|12.07.09 at 8:27 pm ET|
Ken Rosenthal has tweeted that the Red Sox have signed minor league pitcher Fabio Castro, who last pitched in the bigs in 2007. The 25-year-old has played in the Blue Jays, Phillies, Rangers, and White Sox organization and spent last season between Double A New Hampshire and Triple A Las Vegas for Toronto. Over 572.1 minor league innings in parts of seven seasons, Castro has a 3.52 ERA and 499 strikeouts.
The Red Sox also re-signed Kason Gabbard this afternoon, according to the Boston Globe.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #62: It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Trade Deadline
- Red Sox recall Betts and Wilson; Carp designated for assignment; Travis promoted to Greenville
- Report: Owens promoted to Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Betts hits walk-off homer in day one of post-Lester era
- ESPNBoston: SoxProspects covering the Trade Deadline
- Red Sox trade Andrew Miller for Eduardo Rodriguez
- Red Sox send Lackey. Littrell, and cash to Cardinals for Joe Kelly, Allen Craig
- Red Sox acquire Cespedes and draft pick for Lester and Gomes
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson's arm carries Portland to victory
- Felix Doubront traded to Cubs for PTBNL