Rumor Mill at this hour: 1 p.m.
|12.07.09 at 12:59 pm ET|
After earlier reports that Andy Pettitte had rejected an offer from the Yankees, Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News is tweeting that the team never made an offer but is planning to today. Buster Olney says the deal will be worth more than $11 million.
SI’s Jon Paul Morosi is reporting the Pirates and Tigers have both expressed interest in free agent shortstop Adam Everett. The 32-year-old is reportedly seeking a one-year deal for “around $3 million,” according to Morosi.
After an earlier report suggested Brian Bruney was on his way to Atlanta, Joel Sherman is tweeting that the Yankees have sent the right-handed reliever to the Nationals for a player to be named later.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat