Rumor Mill at this hour: 1 p.m.
|12.07.09 at 12:59 pm ET|
After earlier reports that Andy Pettitte had rejected an offer from the Yankees, Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News is tweeting that the team never made an offer but is planning to today. Buster Olney says the deal will be worth more than $11 million.
SI’s Jon Paul Morosi is reporting the Pirates and Tigers have both expressed interest in free agent shortstop Adam Everett. The 32-year-old is reportedly seeking a one-year deal for “around $3 million,” according to Morosi.
After an earlier report suggested Brian Bruney was on his way to Atlanta, Joel Sherman is tweeting that the Yankees have sent the right-handed reliever to the Nationals for a player to be named later.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts