Rumor Mill at this hour: 9 p.m.
|12.07.09 at 9:44 pm ET|
Nick Piecero reports the Diamondbacks are pushing hard for Edwin Jackson and azcentral.com reports there “might be something” to an MLB Fanhouse report that Arizona might include Max Scherzer in a deal for the 26-year-old right-hander.
Matthew Leach of MLB.com is reporting that 34-year-old Mark DeRosa will decline arbitration from the Cardinals.
Jason Bay isn’t the only outfielder the Angels may push for. According to the L.A. Times, general manager Tony Reagins has also mentioned Hideki Matsui as a possibility.
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder