Rumor Mill at this hour: 1 p.m.
|12.08.09 at 1:17 pm ET|
The three-teamer has been agreed upon, according to Jon Heyman. Physicals just need to be completed before the deal is official. Tyler Kepner says the Yankees will get Curtis Granderson, the Tigers will get Austin Jackson, Phil Coke, Max Scherzer, and Daniel Schlereth, and the Diamondbacks will get Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy.
There have been a flurry of tweets regarding the parameters of the deal, but they all seem to agree that the deal is close to happening. Ed Price tweets that Arizona and Detroit are waiting for New York’s answer on the current proposal. Price says there should be an answer within half an hour (2 p.m. EST)
The Arizona Republican’s Nick Piecoro, who has been all over this story since last night, has a source that says the three-team trade between the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Tigers is “close.” The Yankees would get Curtis Granderson in the deal while Edwin Jackson would head to the desert and Max Scherzer would go to Detroit. The Yankees would give up right-handed hitting outfielder Austin Jackson, who would go to the Diamondbacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners drop one in extras, timely hitting for Sea Dogs and Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi blasts first professional home run
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team