Rumor Mill at this hour: 1 p.m.
|12.08.09 at 1:17 pm ET|
The three-teamer has been agreed upon, according to Jon Heyman. Physicals just need to be completed before the deal is official. Tyler Kepner says the Yankees will get Curtis Granderson, the Tigers will get Austin Jackson, Phil Coke, Max Scherzer, and Daniel Schlereth, and the Diamondbacks will get Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy.
There have been a flurry of tweets regarding the parameters of the deal, but they all seem to agree that the deal is close to happening. Ed Price tweets that Arizona and Detroit are waiting for New York’s answer on the current proposal. Price says there should be an answer within half an hour (2 p.m. EST)
The Arizona Republican’s Nick Piecoro, who has been all over this story since last night, has a source that says the three-team trade between the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Tigers is “close.” The Yankees would get Curtis Granderson in the deal while Edwin Jackson would head to the desert and Max Scherzer would go to Detroit. The Yankees would give up right-handed hitting outfielder Austin Jackson, who would go to the Diamondbacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens