Rumor Mill at this hour: 1 p.m.
|12.08.09 at 1:17 pm ET|
The three-teamer has been agreed upon, according to Jon Heyman. Physicals just need to be completed before the deal is official. Tyler Kepner says the Yankees will get Curtis Granderson, the Tigers will get Austin Jackson, Phil Coke, Max Scherzer, and Daniel Schlereth, and the Diamondbacks will get Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy.
There have been a flurry of tweets regarding the parameters of the deal, but they all seem to agree that the deal is close to happening. Ed Price tweets that Arizona and Detroit are waiting for New York’s answer on the current proposal. Price says there should be an answer within half an hour (2 p.m. EST)
The Arizona Republican’s Nick Piecoro, who has been all over this story since last night, has a source that says the three-team trade between the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Tigers is “close.” The Yankees would get Curtis Granderson in the deal while Edwin Jackson would head to the desert and Max Scherzer would go to Detroit. The Yankees would give up right-handed hitting outfielder Austin Jackson, who would go to the Diamondbacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles