Rumor Mill at this hour: 1 p.m.
|12.08.09 at 1:17 pm ET|
The three-teamer has been agreed upon, according to Jon Heyman. Physicals just need to be completed before the deal is official. Tyler Kepner says the Yankees will get Curtis Granderson, the Tigers will get Austin Jackson, Phil Coke, Max Scherzer, and Daniel Schlereth, and the Diamondbacks will get Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy.
There have been a flurry of tweets regarding the parameters of the deal, but they all seem to agree that the deal is close to happening. Ed Price tweets that Arizona and Detroit are waiting for New York’s answer on the current proposal. Price says there should be an answer within half an hour (2 p.m. EST)
The Arizona Republican’s Nick Piecoro, who has been all over this story since last night, has a source that says the three-team trade between the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Tigers is “close.” The Yankees would get Curtis Granderson in the deal while Edwin Jackson would head to the desert and Max Scherzer would go to Detroit. The Yankees would give up right-handed hitting outfielder Austin Jackson, who would go to the Diamondbacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Hill rakes in Lowell loss