Rumor Mill at this hour: 1 p.m.
|12.08.09 at 1:17 pm ET|
The three-teamer has been agreed upon, according to Jon Heyman. Physicals just need to be completed before the deal is official. Tyler Kepner says the Yankees will get Curtis Granderson, the Tigers will get Austin Jackson, Phil Coke, Max Scherzer, and Daniel Schlereth, and the Diamondbacks will get Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy.
There have been a flurry of tweets regarding the parameters of the deal, but they all seem to agree that the deal is close to happening. Ed Price tweets that Arizona and Detroit are waiting for New York’s answer on the current proposal. Price says there should be an answer within half an hour (2 p.m. EST)
The Arizona Republican’s Nick Piecoro, who has been all over this story since last night, has a source that says the three-team trade between the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Tigers is “close.” The Yankees would get Curtis Granderson in the deal while Edwin Jackson would head to the desert and Max Scherzer would go to Detroit. The Yankees would give up right-handed hitting outfielder Austin Jackson, who would go to the Diamondbacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler