Rumor Mill at this hour: 7 p.m.
|12.08.09 at 7:11 pm ET|
The Braves may not end having to pay Rafael Soriano after all, as Mark Bowman reports the pitcher has given the team clearance to trade him.
The Rangers made a serious run at Josh Johnson, as they offered both Justin Smoak and Neftali Feliz to the Marlins for the 25-year-old ace, according to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.
Ken Rosenthal writes that John Smoltz could still return to the Cardinals. Even with Brad Penny in the fold, Smoltz could still take the spot many assume will be occupied by Jaime Garcia.
The Rockies want to keep Yorvit Torrealba and have offered him a two-year deal, according to the Denver Post. Miguel Olivo and Josh Bard remain as potential contingency signings.
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Surprise wins title, struggles continue for Webster