Rumor Mill at this hour: 8 p.m.
|12.08.09 at 8:18 pm ET|
Baggarly also tweets that the Giants aren’t serious about Dan Uggla because of his salary and fielding problems.
Despite the Yankees giving up many of their chips in the Curtis Granderson deal, Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos told MLB.com that none of the teams involved in Roy Halladay have told him they’re out.
Despite reports to the contrary, Mike Scioscia said in a radio interview Tuesday night that Jason Bay signing with the Angels is “longshot.”
Brian Sabean says that the Bengie Molina ship “has sailed,” writes Andrew Baggarly. The Gians GM also noted that the team won’t go after Johnny Damon and, given how much money catchers will go for because of the Ivan Rodriguez debacle, may have to rush top prospect Buster Posey.
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected