Boras: ‘We Value Working With [The Red Sox]‘
|12.09.09 at 9:34 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — It was Scott Boras Day here in Indianapolis. His annual press conference was held in front of 50 reporters here at the Marriot. Following the presser, I caught up with Boras back at his hotel to conduct a one-on-one interview for Comcast Sports Net.
The meat of the conversation had to do with the relationship between the Red Sox and the high profiled agent.
“I have a solid working relationship with Theo,” said Boras.
I then asked about the reaction of Sox owner John Henry when the Yankees signed Mark Teixeira last year.
“I understand that owners are sometimes disappointed when it comes to losing out on a player of Tex’s caliber,” he said. “We made a proposal to Boston where they could have signed him and they made a counter that didn’t meet our proposal and Tex went in another direction.”
Boras concluded that nothing that has happened in the past will affect how he deals with the Sox in the future.
“We value working with [the Red Sox],” Boras said, “and we’ll continue to do so.”
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster