Duchscherer, Red Sox update
|12.09.09 at 2:44 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Following up on the fact the Red Sox and Justin Duchscherer’s reps talked Sunday night, just wanted to pass along that the two sides haven’t talked since the initial get-together. Like so many other elements of this winter meetings, any momentum, one way or another, regarding the pitcher wouldn’t be pushed along until the top tier free agents start making decisions.
What is somewhat interesting, however, is the fact that the Red Sox were the first team to show interest in the starter and the first to request Duchscherer’s medical information. The pitcher is not only allowing teams to pour over his medicals, but also is making his therapist available after the 32-year-old’s bout clinical depression last season. Duchscherer had battled hip and elbow injuries following making the American League All-Star team in 2008.
There are approximately 11 teams showing interest in Duchscherer, on various levels. He is currently working out in Arizona and figures to be ready for the start of spring training.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler