Duchscherer, Red Sox update
|12.09.09 at 2:44 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Following up on the fact the Red Sox and Justin Duchscherer’s reps talked Sunday night, just wanted to pass along that the two sides haven’t talked since the initial get-together. Like so many other elements of this winter meetings, any momentum, one way or another, regarding the pitcher wouldn’t be pushed along until the top tier free agents start making decisions.
What is somewhat interesting, however, is the fact that the Red Sox were the first team to show interest in the starter and the first to request Duchscherer’s medical information. The pitcher is not only allowing teams to pour over his medicals, but also is making his therapist available after the 32-year-old’s bout clinical depression last season. Duchscherer had battled hip and elbow injuries following making the American League All-Star team in 2008.
There are approximately 11 teams showing interest in Duchscherer, on various levels. He is currently working out in Arizona and figures to be ready for the start of spring training.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits in Portland's slugfest
- Cup of Coffee: Dalbec keeps hitting, Dubon, Atkins lead Portland