Duchscherer, Red Sox update
|12.09.09 at 2:44 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Following up on the fact the Red Sox and Justin Duchscherer’s reps talked Sunday night, just wanted to pass along that the two sides haven’t talked since the initial get-together. Like so many other elements of this winter meetings, any momentum, one way or another, regarding the pitcher wouldn’t be pushed along until the top tier free agents start making decisions.
What is somewhat interesting, however, is the fact that the Red Sox were the first team to show interest in the starter and the first to request Duchscherer’s medical information. The pitcher is not only allowing teams to pour over his medicals, but also is making his therapist available after the 32-year-old’s bout clinical depression last season. Duchscherer had battled hip and elbow injuries following making the American League All-Star team in 2008.
There are approximately 11 teams showing interest in Duchscherer, on various levels. He is currently working out in Arizona and figures to be ready for the start of spring training.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- August Players of the Month: Manuel Margot and Brian Johnson
- Cup of Coffee: GCL Red Sox win league championship
- Weekly Notes: Red Sox win GCL title, Castillo debuts
- ESPN Boston: Farm clubs faring well
- Cup of Coffee: Rusney Castillo debuts, PawSox clinch wild card
- Red Sox acquire infielders Jemile Weeks and Ivan De Jesus
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Light dominate, GCL takes game one
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson keeps rolling, GCL wins semifinal
- Cup of Coffee: Gonzalez leads combined no-hitter in DSL Playoff opener
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split