Duchscherer, Red Sox update
|12.09.09 at 2:44 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Following up on the fact the Red Sox and Justin Duchscherer’s reps talked Sunday night, just wanted to pass along that the two sides haven’t talked since the initial get-together. Like so many other elements of this winter meetings, any momentum, one way or another, regarding the pitcher wouldn’t be pushed along until the top tier free agents start making decisions.
What is somewhat interesting, however, is the fact that the Red Sox were the first team to show interest in the starter and the first to request Duchscherer’s medical information. The pitcher is not only allowing teams to pour over his medicals, but also is making his therapist available after the 32-year-old’s bout clinical depression last season. Duchscherer had battled hip and elbow injuries following making the American League All-Star team in 2008.
There are approximately 11 teams showing interest in Duchscherer, on various levels. He is currently working out in Arizona and figures to be ready for the start of spring training.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson keeps rolling, GCL wins semifinal
- Cup of Coffee: Gonzalez leads combined no-hitter in DSL Playoff opener
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split
- Players of the Week, 8/18-24: Brian Johnson & Mike Miller
- Cup of Coffee: Speier helps GCL Sox clinch division title
- Marrero and Coyle headed to Arizona Fall League
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis rips first career home run in GCL Sox win
- Weekly Notes: Battle for CF heats up with new addition
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads the way, Wilkerson keeps rolling
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson dominates NH, Coyle hits 14th