Still ‘2-3 days’ before Lowell deal final
|12.10.09 at 10:30 pm ET|
According to a source familiar with the negotiations, the Rangers and Red Sox have agreed upon the terms of a deal that would send Mike Lowell to the Rangers in exchange for catcher/first baseman Max Ramirez, with multiple outlets reporting that the Sox will pay $9 million of Lowell’s $12 million 2010 salary. It still figures to be 2-3 days before the trade is finalized, with both teams having to look at each player’s medical situation.
For Lowell, the Rangers will be focusing in on the progress of his surgically-repaired right hip, while the Red Sox figure to prioritize the health of both of Ramirez’ wrists, which he injured at different times in 2009.
Boston.com was first to report that the teams had agreed to terms, Thursday night. WEEI.com published the initial report that the Red Sox and Rangers were negotiation the trade, Wednesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan