Still ‘2-3 days’ before Lowell deal final
|12.10.09 at 10:30 pm ET|
According to a source familiar with the negotiations, the Rangers and Red Sox have agreed upon the terms of a deal that would send Mike Lowell to the Rangers in exchange for catcher/first baseman Max Ramirez, with multiple outlets reporting that the Sox will pay $9 million of Lowell’s $12 million 2010 salary. It still figures to be 2-3 days before the trade is finalized, with both teams having to look at each player’s medical situation.
For Lowell, the Rangers will be focusing in on the progress of his surgically-repaired right hip, while the Red Sox figure to prioritize the health of both of Ramirez’ wrists, which he injured at different times in 2009.
Boston.com was first to report that the teams had agreed to terms, Thursday night. WEEI.com published the initial report that the Red Sox and Rangers were negotiation the trade, Wednesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo