Westmoreland, Kelly Head Sox Prospect List
|12.23.09 at 11:50 am ET|
Baseball America released its Top 10 Red Sox prospects on Wednesday. Ryan Westmoreland, who is recovering well from a season-ending broken clavicle, was named the organization’s top prospect. Westmoreland is regarded as a five-tool talent, and some talent evaluators have likened his abilities to those of Indians star centerfielder Grady Sizemore. Westmoreland was followed on the list by right-handed pitcher Casey Kelly, who recently made the decision to become a full-time pitcher, and is expected to compete for a spot in Double A Portland in spring training.
For Baseball America’s complete Top 10, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Hill rakes in Lowell loss
- Cup of Coffee: Basabe reaches base four times for Greenville