Westmoreland, Kelly Head Sox Prospect List
|12.23.09 at 11:50 am ET|
Baseball America released its Top 10 Red Sox prospects on Wednesday. Ryan Westmoreland, who is recovering well from a season-ending broken clavicle, was named the organization’s top prospect. Westmoreland is regarded as a five-tool talent, and some talent evaluators have likened his abilities to those of Indians star centerfielder Grady Sizemore. Westmoreland was followed on the list by right-handed pitcher Casey Kelly, who recently made the decision to become a full-time pitcher, and is expected to compete for a spot in Double A Portland in spring training.
For Baseball America’s complete Top 10, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Ysla, Victor Diaz and Gerson Bautista
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced