Westmoreland, Kelly Head Sox Prospect List
|12.23.09 at 11:50 am ET|
Baseball America released its Top 10 Red Sox prospects on Wednesday. Ryan Westmoreland, who is recovering well from a season-ending broken clavicle, was named the organization’s top prospect. Westmoreland is regarded as a five-tool talent, and some talent evaluators have likened his abilities to those of Indians star centerfielder Grady Sizemore. Westmoreland was followed on the list by right-handed pitcher Casey Kelly, who recently made the decision to become a full-time pitcher, and is expected to compete for a spot in Double A Portland in spring training.
For Baseball America’s complete Top 10, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras