Beltre Contract Details
|01.07.10 at 7:32 pm ET|
Adrian Beltre’s one-year, $9 million contract with a $5 million player option for 2011, which was finalized today after the third baseman passed his physical, features a $2 million signing bonus and a $7 million salary for the coming season. There are no performance bonuses.
The contract also has a $5 million player for 2011 that could increase to $10 million in Beltre reaches 640 plate appearances. There is a conditional $1 million buyout of the player option that would be triggered if Beltre reaches 575 plate appearances.
It is also noteworthy that the Sox did not have to waive the right to offer Beltre salary arbitration — something that agent Scott Boras (and other agents) will sometimes seek for a player who is on a one-year deal, in order to give the player greater freedom when he next becomes a free agent.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo shuts out Lehigh Valley
- Players of the Week, 8/11-17: Keith Couch & Keury De La Cruz
- Cup of Coffee: Top picks Chavis and Kopech key GCL Sox win
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. optioned to Pawtucket, Betts called up to Boston
- Weekly Notes: Margot's break out continues in Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Monge, Margot, and Mookie keep mashing
- Cup of Coffee: Couch dominates Richmond
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez dominates while Kukuk and Ball struggle
- Manuel Margot promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Gem by Matt Barnes leads PawSox