Beltre Contract Details
|01.07.10 at 7:32 pm ET|
Adrian Beltre’s one-year, $9 million contract with a $5 million player option for 2011, which was finalized today after the third baseman passed his physical, features a $2 million signing bonus and a $7 million salary for the coming season. There are no performance bonuses.
The contract also has a $5 million player for 2011 that could increase to $10 million in Beltre reaches 640 plate appearances. There is a conditional $1 million buyout of the player option that would be triggered if Beltre reaches 575 plate appearances.
It is also noteworthy that the Sox did not have to waive the right to offer Beltre salary arbitration — something that agent Scott Boras (and other agents) will sometimes seek for a player who is on a one-year deal, in order to give the player greater freedom when he next becomes a free agent.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo