Report: Red Sox extend offer to Takahashi
|02.04.10 at 1:33 pm ET|
According a post on Twitter from NPB Tracker, Sports Hochi is reporting that the Red Sox are one of four teams to have offered a minor league contract to left-handed pitcher Hisanori Takahashi. The other three clubs reportedly showing interest are the Giants, Padres and Dodgers. Takahashi is a 34-year-old left-hander who has started for most of his career.
Last season with the Yomiuri Giants he went 10-6 with a 2.94 ERA, striking out 121 batters while walking 36 in 144 innings pitched. Takahashi made approximately $1.3 million in 2009 with Yomiuri. The lefty’s best pitch is a screwball-type offering, with his fastball usually topping out at 90 mph. For more on Takahashi, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot