Report: Red Sox extend offer to Takahashi
|02.04.10 at 1:33 pm ET|
According a post on Twitter from NPB Tracker, Sports Hochi is reporting that the Red Sox are one of four teams to have offered a minor league contract to left-handed pitcher Hisanori Takahashi. The other three clubs reportedly showing interest are the Giants, Padres and Dodgers. Takahashi is a 34-year-old left-hander who has started for most of his career.
Last season with the Yomiuri Giants he went 10-6 with a 2.94 ERA, striking out 121 batters while walking 36 in 144 innings pitched. Takahashi made approximately $1.3 million in 2009 with Yomiuri. The lefty’s best pitch is a screwball-type offering, with his fastball usually topping out at 90 mph. For more on Takahashi, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes