Kelly, Lars Anderson among non-roster invitees
|02.05.10 at 4:36 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced a list of 20 non-roster invitees who will take part in the team’s Major League spring training camp. The group that will join members of the 40-man roster includes some of the top prospects in the team’s farm system — pitcher Casey Kelly, first baseman Lars Anderson and outfielder Ryan Kalish — as well as a number of pitchers who will compete for the final spots in the bullpen.
The team’s press release announcing the non-roster invitees is below:
The Red Sox today announced that 20 players will attend the team’s Major League Spring Training camp as non-roster invitees.
The announcement was made by Executive Vice President/General Manager Theo Epstein.
The non-roster invitees are pitchers Randor Bierd, Fernando Cabrera, Kris Johnson, Casey Kelly, Adam Mills, Edwin Moreno, Joe Nelson, Brian Shouse, Jorge Sosa and Kyle Weiland; catchers Luis Exposito and Gustavo Molina; infielders Lars Anderson, Yamaico Navarro, Angel Sanchez and Gil Velazquez; and outfielders Zach Daeges, Ryan Kalish, Che-Hsuan Lin and Darnell McDonald.
Half of the 20 invitees have Major League experience, including Bierd, Cabrera, McDonald, Molina, Moreno, Nelson, Sanchez, Shouse, Sosa, and Velazquez. Cabrera and Velazquez both saw action for the Red Sox in 2009.
Pitchers and catchers will participate in their first on-field workout in Fort Myers on Saturday, February 20. The first full workout of the Red Sox Spring Training camp is on Wednesday, February 24.
All workouts take place at Boston’s Player Development Complex, located at 4301 Edison Avenue. The team will move its spring operation to City of Palms Park when the games begin on Wednesday, March 3.
2010 NON-ROSTER INVITEES
Pitchers (10) — Randor Bierd, Fernando Cabrera, Kris Johnson*, Casey Kelly, Adam Mills, Edwin Moreno, Joe Nelson, Brian Shouse*, Jorge Sosa, Kyle Weiland
Catchers (2) — Luis Exposito, Gustavo Molina
Infielders (4) — Lars Anderson, Yamaico Navarro, Angel Sanchez, Gil Velazquez
Outfielders (4) — Zach Daeges, Ryan Kalish, Che-Hsuan Lin, Darnell McDonald
* – left-handed pitcher Bold – indicates new to Red Sox organization or taking part in first big-league spring training with the Sox
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 2: Corner Infielders
- Scouting Scratch: Young Arms
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released