Lineups, Lowell and more eyesight issues
|03.01.10 at 9:46 am ET|
Against Northeastern (with Casey Kelly getting the start): Jacoby Ellsbury LF, Billy Hall 3B, Victor Martinez C, David Ortiz DH, Jed Lowrie 3B, Lars Anderson 1B, Jody McDonald RF, Lin CF, Gil Velazquez 2B.
Against Boston College (with Boof Bonser getting the start): Marco Scutaro SS, Dustin Pedroia 2B, Kevin Youkilis 1B, Adrian Beltre 3B, Jason Varitek C, Jeremy Hermida LF, Tug Hulett DH, Josh Reddick RF, Ryan Kalish CF.
In other news, Mike Lowell will be taking batting practice for the first time Tuesday.
David Ortiz had his eye examination and reports everything is is A-OK, with the slugger still using the eye drops that were prescribed last season. “I’m like an eagle,” he said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza dominates in mid-week matinee
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start
- Cup of Coffee: Raudes strikes out eight over six scoreless frames
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez to start tomorrow for Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shines again for Salem
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Cup of Coffee: Kemp homers twice, Light hits 101
- Cup of Coffee: Moore comes through in the clutch for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada wins it in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Elias's career night powers Pawtucket