Lineups, Lowell and more eyesight issues
|03.01.10 at 9:46 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The lineups for the Red Sox’ openers Wednesday at City of Palms Park are up, and here they are:
Against Northeastern (with Casey Kelly getting the start): Jacoby Ellsbury LF, Billy Hall 3B, Victor Martinez C, David Ortiz DH, Jed Lowrie 3B, Lars Anderson 1B, Jody McDonald RF, Lin CF, Gil Velazquez 2B.
Against Boston College (with Boof Bonser getting the start): Marco Scutaro SS, Dustin Pedroia 2B, Kevin Youkilis 1B, Adrian Beltre 3B, Jason Varitek C, Jeremy Hermida LF, Tug Hulett DH, Josh Reddick RF, Ryan Kalish CF.
In other news, Mike Lowell will be taking batting practice for the first time Tuesday.
David Ortiz had his eye examination and reports everything is is A-OK, with the slugger still using the eye drops that were prescribed last season. “I’m like an eagle,” he said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Felix Doubront traded to Cubs for PTBNL
- Cup of Coffee: Owens lifts Portland, Guzman's big day not enough for Greenville
- Justin Haley promoted to Portland; Jonathan Aro moved up to Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/21-27: Brian Johnson & Travis Shaw
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route