Lineups, Lowell and more eyesight issues
|03.01.10 at 9:46 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The lineups for the Red Sox’ openers Wednesday at City of Palms Park are up, and here they are:
Against Northeastern (with Casey Kelly getting the start): Jacoby Ellsbury LF, Billy Hall 3B, Victor Martinez C, David Ortiz DH, Jed Lowrie 3B, Lars Anderson 1B, Jody McDonald RF, Lin CF, Gil Velazquez 2B.
Against Boston College (with Boof Bonser getting the start): Marco Scutaro SS, Dustin Pedroia 2B, Kevin Youkilis 1B, Adrian Beltre 3B, Jason Varitek C, Jeremy Hermida LF, Tug Hulett DH, Josh Reddick RF, Ryan Kalish CF.
In other news, Mike Lowell will be taking batting practice for the first time Tuesday.
David Ortiz had his eye examination and reports everything is is A-OK, with the slugger still using the eye drops that were prescribed last season. “I’m like an eagle,” he said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #61: Wild Turkeys, July 2, and the Draft
- Cup of Coffee: Owens stays strong; Ball delivers best yet
- Cup of Coffee: Steven Wright leads Pawtucket; Meyers powers Lowell