Lineups, Lowell and more eyesight issues
|03.01.10 at 9:46 am ET|
Against Northeastern (with Casey Kelly getting the start): Jacoby Ellsbury LF, Billy Hall 3B, Victor Martinez C, David Ortiz DH, Jed Lowrie 3B, Lars Anderson 1B, Jody McDonald RF, Lin CF, Gil Velazquez 2B.
Against Boston College (with Boof Bonser getting the start): Marco Scutaro SS, Dustin Pedroia 2B, Kevin Youkilis 1B, Adrian Beltre 3B, Jason Varitek C, Jeremy Hermida LF, Tug Hulett DH, Josh Reddick RF, Ryan Kalish CF.
In other news, Mike Lowell will be taking batting practice for the first time Tuesday.
David Ortiz had his eye examination and reports everything is is A-OK, with the slugger still using the eye drops that were prescribed last season. “I’m like an eagle,” he said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes