Report: Baldelli to be special assistant for Rays
|03.02.10 at 11:17 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — According to the St. Petersburg Times (via MLB Trade Rumors), former Red Sox outfielder Rocco Baldelli will serve as a special assistant for the Tampa Bay Rays, working with younger players. The report states that the 28-year-old Baldelli isn’t ready to retire, but is dealing with a shoulder injury. Baldelli hit .253 in 164 plate appearances with the Sox last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday