Beckett scratched due to illness
|03.14.10 at 11:23 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Josh Beckett was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday afternoon due to illness. Taking the place of the Red Sox starter in their team’s game against the Twins across town at Hammond Stadium will be minor leaguer Ryne Miller.
Miller is a 24-year-old right-hander who was undrafted and joined the Red Sox in 2007 after playing college ball at Weatherford College. He split 2009 between Single A Salem and Double A Portland. For more on the unlikely professional journey of Miller, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!