Beckett scratched due to illness
|03.14.10 at 11:23 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Josh Beckett was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday afternoon due to illness. Taking the place of the Red Sox starter in their team’s game against the Twins across town at Hammond Stadium will be minor leaguer Ryne Miller.
Miller is a 24-year-old right-hander who was undrafted and joined the Red Sox in 2007 after playing college ball at Weatherford College. He split 2009 between Single A Salem and Double A Portland. For more on the unlikely professional journey of Miller, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller