Beckett scratched due to illness
|03.14.10 at 11:23 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Josh Beckett was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday afternoon due to illness. Taking the place of the Red Sox starter in their team’s game against the Twins across town at Hammond Stadium will be minor leaguer Ryne Miller.
Miller is a 24-year-old right-hander who was undrafted and joined the Red Sox in 2007 after playing college ball at Weatherford College. He split 2009 between Single A Salem and Double A Portland. For more on the unlikely professional journey of Miller, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Scouting Scratch: Aaron Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Monge carries Salem, Butler lifts Pawtucket
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case