Beckett scratched due to illness
|03.14.10 at 11:23 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Josh Beckett was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday afternoon due to illness. Taking the place of the Red Sox starter in their team’s game against the Twins across town at Hammond Stadium will be minor leaguer Ryne Miller.
Miller is a 24-year-old right-hander who was undrafted and joined the Red Sox in 2007 after playing college ball at Weatherford College. He split 2009 between Single A Salem and Double A Portland. For more on the unlikely professional journey of Miller, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo