Beckett scratched due to illness
|03.14.10 at 11:23 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Josh Beckett was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday afternoon due to illness. Taking the place of the Red Sox starter in their team’s game against the Twins across town at Hammond Stadium will be minor leaguer Ryne Miller.
Miller is a 24-year-old right-hander who was undrafted and joined the Red Sox in 2007 after playing college ball at Weatherford College. He split 2009 between Single A Salem and Double A Portland. For more on the unlikely professional journey of Miller, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists