Sox acquire Celestino from Mariners
|03.18.10 at 11:32 am ET|
The Red Sox announced that they have acquired right-handed pitcher Miguel Celestino from the Mariners to completing the Jan. 7 trade that sent first baseman Casey Kotchman to Seattle in exchange for infielder Bill Hall and cash.
Celestino, 20, went 5-3 with a 4.73 ERA in 13 games (12 starts) for the Rookie-level Peoria Mariners of the Arizona League in 2009, his first professional season in the United States. He tossed at least five innings in 10 of his 13 appearances and had a 13-inning scoreless streak from Aug. 11-16. He pitched in the Dominican Summer League from 2007-08 and was originally signed by Seattle as an international free agent on Dec. 16, 2006.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez gets into a groove, Basabe impresses
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Dayan Diaz and Edwin Escobar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen