Sox acquire Celestino from Mariners
|03.18.10 at 11:32 am ET|
The Red Sox announced that they have acquired right-handed pitcher Miguel Celestino from the Mariners to completing the Jan. 7 trade that sent first baseman Casey Kotchman to Seattle in exchange for infielder Bill Hall and cash.
Celestino, 20, went 5-3 with a 4.73 ERA in 13 games (12 starts) for the Rookie-level Peoria Mariners of the Arizona League in 2009, his first professional season in the United States. He tossed at least five innings in 10 of his 13 appearances and had a 13-inning scoreless streak from Aug. 11-16. He pitched in the Dominican Summer League from 2007-08 and was originally signed by Seattle as an international free agent on Dec. 16, 2006.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 in Review: Deven Marrero and Trey Ball
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje