Sox acquire Celestino from Mariners
|03.18.10 at 11:32 am ET|
The Red Sox announced that they have acquired right-handed pitcher Miguel Celestino from the Mariners to completing the Jan. 7 trade that sent first baseman Casey Kotchman to Seattle in exchange for infielder Bill Hall and cash.
Celestino, 20, went 5-3 with a 4.73 ERA in 13 games (12 starts) for the Rookie-level Peoria Mariners of the Arizona League in 2009, his first professional season in the United States. He tossed at least five innings in 10 of his 13 appearances and had a 13-inning scoreless streak from Aug. 11-16. He pitched in the Dominican Summer League from 2007-08 and was originally signed by Seattle as an international free agent on Dec. 16, 2006.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens