Embree uses veteran wiles to baffle minor leaguers
|03.24.10 at 1:14 pm ET|
BRADENTON, Fla. — Back in Fort Myers reliever Alan Embree befuddled the Baltimore minor leaguers at the Red Sox minor league training facility, turning in an 1-2-3 inning of work. Embree needed just 12 pitches, 11 of which were strikes, to get a strikeout, groundout, and pop-up.
Embree would appear to be slated to pitch in a major league spring training game for the first time this season when the Sox take on the Orioles Saturday in Sarasota.
In other news, Victor Martinez hit a two-run homer off of Pittsburgh starter Paul Maholm in the first inning of the the Sox’ showdown at McKechnie Field. First baseman Mike Lowell also made a nice pick of a low throw from third baseman Jorge Jimenez in the first.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo