Embree uses veteran wiles to baffle minor leaguers
|03.24.10 at 1:14 pm ET|
BRADENTON, Fla. — Back in Fort Myers reliever Alan Embree befuddled the Baltimore minor leaguers at the Red Sox minor league training facility, turning in an 1-2-3 inning of work. Embree needed just 12 pitches, 11 of which were strikes, to get a strikeout, groundout, and pop-up.
Embree would appear to be slated to pitch in a major league spring training game for the first time this season when the Sox take on the Orioles Saturday in Sarasota.
In other news, Victor Martinez hit a two-run homer off of Pittsburgh starter Paul Maholm in the first inning of the the Sox’ showdown at McKechnie Field. First baseman Mike Lowell also made a nice pick of a low throw from third baseman Jorge Jimenez in the first.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando