Embree uses veteran wiles to baffle minor leaguers
|03.24.10 at 1:14 pm ET|
BRADENTON, Fla. — Back in Fort Myers reliever Alan Embree befuddled the Baltimore minor leaguers at the Red Sox minor league training facility, turning in an 1-2-3 inning of work. Embree needed just 12 pitches, 11 of which were strikes, to get a strikeout, groundout, and pop-up.
Embree would appear to be slated to pitch in a major league spring training game for the first time this season when the Sox take on the Orioles Saturday in Sarasota.
In other news, Victor Martinez hit a two-run homer off of Pittsburgh starter Paul Maholm in the first inning of the the Sox’ showdown at McKechnie Field. First baseman Mike Lowell also made a nice pick of a low throw from third baseman Jorge Jimenez in the first.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule