Francona: Pedroia’s wrist fine
|03.24.10 at 11:24 am ET|
BRADENTON, Fla. ‘ Red Sox manager Terry Francona, speaking before the Red Sox’ spring training game against the Pirates on Wednesday, said that X-rays on Dustin Pedroia’s wrist were negative and that the second baseman is expected to take batting practice Thursday and play in a game on Friday.
Pedroia stayed behind in Fort Myers on Wednesday as he previously had been scheduled to film a Dunkin’ Donuts commercial.
Pedroia sprained the wrist diving to corral a grounder in the first inning of Tuesday night’s game vs. the Twins. He left the game an inning later.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system