Francona: Pedroia’s wrist fine
|03.24.10 at 11:24 am ET|
BRADENTON, Fla. ‘ Red Sox manager Terry Francona, speaking before the Red Sox’ spring training game against the Pirates on Wednesday, said that X-rays on Dustin Pedroia’s wrist were negative and that the second baseman is expected to take batting practice Thursday and play in a game on Friday.
Pedroia stayed behind in Fort Myers on Wednesday as he previously had been scheduled to film a Dunkin’ Donuts commercial.
Pedroia sprained the wrist diving to corral a grounder in the first inning of Tuesday night’s game vs. the Twins. He left the game an inning later.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers