Francona: Pedroia’s wrist fine
|03.24.10 at 11:24 am ET|
BRADENTON, Fla. ‘ Red Sox manager Terry Francona, speaking before the Red Sox’ spring training game against the Pirates on Wednesday, said that X-rays on Dustin Pedroia’s wrist were negative and that the second baseman is expected to take batting practice Thursday and play in a game on Friday.
Pedroia stayed behind in Fort Myers on Wednesday as he previously had been scheduled to film a Dunkin’ Donuts commercial.
Pedroia sprained the wrist diving to corral a grounder in the first inning of Tuesday night’s game vs. the Twins. He left the game an inning later.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Hill rakes in Lowell loss