Lowell leaves game after being hit in knee
|03.26.10 at 1:35 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Red Sox third baseman Mike Lowell was forced to leave his team’s game against the Blue Jays Friday afternoon at City of Palms Park after fouling a 1-1 pitch from Toronto’s Brett Cecil off his left knee. Lowell, who was the Red Sox’ third batter of the game for the home team, was helped off the field by head trainer Mike Reinold and manager Terry Francona after not being able to put any pressure on the leg. Jorge Jimenez came on to pinch-hit for Lowell and was promptly hit by a pitch.
Prior to the game a source indicated that the Red Sox were not close in regard to any potential trades involving Lowell.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats
- 2015 Draft Recap: Benintendi a best-case scenario
- Podcast Ep. 81: Dropping in on the Drive, Darren Fenster interview
- Cup of Coffee: Owens solid again, Portland stages comeback