Lowell leaves game after being hit in knee
|03.26.10 at 1:35 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Red Sox third baseman Mike Lowell was forced to leave his team’s game against the Blue Jays Friday afternoon at City of Palms Park after fouling a 1-1 pitch from Toronto’s Brett Cecil off his left knee. Lowell, who was the Red Sox’ third batter of the game for the home team, was helped off the field by head trainer Mike Reinold and manager Terry Francona after not being able to put any pressure on the leg. Jorge Jimenez came on to pinch-hit for Lowell and was promptly hit by a pitch.
Prior to the game a source indicated that the Red Sox were not close in regard to any potential trades involving Lowell.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies