Lowell leaves game after being hit in knee
|03.26.10 at 1:35 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Red Sox third baseman Mike Lowell was forced to leave his team’s game against the Blue Jays Friday afternoon at City of Palms Park after fouling a 1-1 pitch from Toronto’s Brett Cecil off his left knee. Lowell, who was the Red Sox’ third batter of the game for the home team, was helped off the field by head trainer Mike Reinold and manager Terry Francona after not being able to put any pressure on the leg. Jorge Jimenez came on to pinch-hit for Lowell and was promptly hit by a pitch.
Prior to the game a source indicated that the Red Sox were not close in regard to any potential trades involving Lowell.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens