The ‘other’ Opening Days
|04.06.10 at 1:13 pm ET|
While the Red Sox revel in their 48 hours of being undefeated, we can take the time to look at what happened while you were hibernating between Sox-Yanks games:
— Roy Halladay started his march toward 40 wins, allowing one run on six hits over seven innings, striking out nine and walking a pair in the Phillies’ 11-1 win over the Nationals. Remarkably, he only threw 88 pitches. Only twice last season did Halladay not throw more than 88 pitches. He also had a hit.
— This just in: Albert Pujols is still really, really good. The Cardinals first baseman had four hits and two home runs. That’s right, he is on pace for 324 homers, which for every other player seems silly to mention, but somehow it seems possible for Pujols. St. Louis beat Cincy, 11-6.
— Jason Bay‘s knees are still intact after the Mets’ 7-1 win over the Marlins, and not only that, but he also notched two hits. New York also enjoyed its once-every-fifth-day splash of good pitching with Johan Santana‘s six-inning win.’
— The Dodgers found that Vincente Padilla isn’t a No. 1 starter, and that Manny Ramirez can still hit a bit. The end-game: Dodgers drop an 11-5 decision to Pittsburgh and Manny gets two knocks and two RBI.
— So much for the “great Jason Frasor as a closer experiment,” with Frasor handing the Rangers a 5-4 win over the Blue Jays by giving up two runs on four hits in just a third of an inning. Then again, the Jays’ closing options are limited. Oh, and old friend Alex Gonzalez had a hit and didn’t make an error.
— In the battle of young center fielders named Carlos, both Colorado’s Carlos Gonzalez and Milwaukee’s Carlos Gomez had four hits apiece, but Gonzalez’ team came out on top with a 5-3 win. (Maybe it was because he moved to left field later in the game.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins