Embree’s opt-out now April 30
|04.17.10 at 3:33 pm ET|
According to a team source, relief pitcher Alan Embree has agreed to push his opt-out date back from April 15 to April 30. If Embree is not on the Red Sox‘ 25-man roster by that date then he will be eligible to become a free agent. Embree has pitched in four games for the PawSox, allowing three runs on two hits in 3 1/3 innings, walking five and striking out three. Pawtucket Red Sox radio broadcaster Dan Hoard was the first to report the news.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers