Red Sox vs. Orioles matchups, 4/24
|04.24.10 at 11:50 am ET|
John Lackey will try to recover after the wheels came off the tracks in his last start against Tampa. Lackey was solid in his first two outings of the season, but he got shelled for eight runs in 3.1 innings in last weekends demoralizing 8-2 loss to the Rays.
Again, the Orioles can help get his wheels safely back on the road. Lackey holds a career 8-3 record with a 3.16 ERA in 12 starts vs. the O’s.
Orioles’ starter Brian Matusz has never faced the Red Sox in his brief career. In fact, the only Red Sox hitter he has faced is Marco Scutaro, and the Sox shortstop smacked a home run.
The 6-foot-4, left-handed pitcher is 7-2 with a 4.55 ERA in 11 career starts. This season he is 2-0 with a 4.34 ERA in three starts.
ORIOLES VS. JOHN LACKEY
Brian Roberts (33 plate appearances): .250 average/ .273 OBP/ .313 slugging percentage, 0 homers, 1 walk, 6 strikeouts
Miguel Tejada (33): .303/ .303/ .455, 1 homer, 9 strikeouts
Nick Markakis (24): .304/ .333/ .348, 1 walk, 8 strikeouts
Julio Lugo (20): .222/ .300/ .278, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts
Cesar Izturis (18): .222/ .222/ .222, 4 strikeouts
Ty Wigginton (13): .091/ .231/ .091, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts
Adam Jones (10): .100/ .100/ .300, 3 strikeouts
Nolan Reimold (6): .167/ .167/ .167, 1 strikeout
Luke Scott (6): .400/ .500/ .600, 2 homers, 1 walk, 1 HBP
Matt Wieters (6): .333/ .333/ .333, 1 strikeout
Garrett Atkins: 0-for-3, 1 stikeout
Felix Pie: 0-for-3, strikeout
Robert Andino: 1-for-2, strikeout
Never faced: Craig Tatum
RED SOX VS. BRIAN MATUSZ
Marco Scutaro: 1-for-2, 1 homer
Never faced: The rest of the roster
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Groome impresses in spring start
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp