Report: Sox trade Van Every to Pirates
|05.31.10 at 10:42 am ET|
According to MLB.com, the Red Sox have traded outfielder Jonathan Van Every back to the Pirates in exchange for minor league catcher Josue Peley. The Red Sox had originally acquired Van Every from Pittsburgh on April 24, but then designated the 30-year-old for assignment 10 days ago.
In 21 games with the Red Sox this season, Van Every hit .211 with one home run.
Peley was a 35th round pick in the 2006 draft, having been converted from middle infielder to catcher in the Pirates’ system. The 22-year-old was hitting .179 with the Single A West Virginia Power.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez gets into a groove, Basabe impresses
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Dayan Diaz and Edwin Escobar (UPDATED)
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen