Report: Sox trade Van Every to Pirates
|05.31.10 at 10:42 am ET|
According to MLB.com, the Red Sox have traded outfielder Jonathan Van Every back to the Pirates in exchange for minor league catcher Josue Peley. The Red Sox had originally acquired Van Every from Pittsburgh on April 24, but then designated the 30-year-old for assignment 10 days ago.
In 21 games with the Red Sox this season, Van Every hit .211 with one home run.
Peley was a 35th round pick in the 2006 draft, having been converted from middle infielder to catcher in the Pirates’ system. The 22-year-old was hitting .179 with the Single A West Virginia Power.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Sam Travis highlights six announced for Arizona Fall League
- Moncada's big year nets him multiple South Atlantic League honors
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada