Report: Sox trade Van Every to Pirates
|05.31.10 at 10:42 am ET|
According to MLB.com, the Red Sox have traded outfielder Jonathan Van Every back to the Pirates in exchange for minor league catcher Josue Peley. The Red Sox had originally acquired Van Every from Pittsburgh on April 24, but then designated the 30-year-old for assignment 10 days ago.
In 21 games with the Red Sox this season, Van Every hit .211 with one home run.
Peley was a 35th round pick in the 2006 draft, having been converted from middle infielder to catcher in the Pirates’ system. The 22-year-old was hitting .179 with the Single A West Virginia Power.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again